View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #13
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: How Come We Are Not Signing Any Young Players!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily
I don't think they're clueless, I think they don't care to be a team that develops talent.
Since the late 1990s they have been a team looking at making the finals not a team trying to make the playoffs. 2 different mindsets. This is the first time in 15 years they've been facing a different type of challenge

Kaman's not signing for the vets min. they needed a backup center, he's a good player, had to scoop him up while they could.

In addition to my above post another problem they'll face this summer besides only having vet minimum contracts to offer they'll only be offering those contracts for one year so they don't ruin their 2014 cap space

When you're making the finals is exactly the time to be taking chances on young talent so you can keep making the finals. Kamans not signing for vet min but there are other centers like Brandon Wright that will and they aren't a huge downgrade from Kaman. Kaman's a good back up center for what we got him for, but has no upside. Better to spend on a young guy with potential upside. Which brings me to another point, nothing wrong with offering young players 2 year vet min deals. 1 million is not going to cut into the cap space and it can easily be moved if need be. I'd rather sign Nick Young to a 2 year deal with a player option because at worst you're getting a certified bench scorer and at best the 2nd leading scorer on the team.
longtime lurker is online now   Reply With Quote