View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 03:07 AM   #10
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I love high quality pick up games!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipps
Had a high quality pick up game yesterday, despite playing on the team that lost. I was the biggest guy on my team standing at 6'2" 185 lbs. I didn't feel good about the game at first because the other team had 2 huge black guys standing at least 6'6" 220 lbs. The second biggest guy on my team was barely 5'10" 160 so I thought we were in trouble. Since I was the biggest guy on my team, I had to guard one of the twin towers. I'm a really good outside shooter with a quick release and pretty decent at moving with out the ball. Either the catch-n-shoot or shooting off the dribble going left(right handed shooter) is my bread and butter.

I hit 4 2's in a row. Played really good defense on the 2 big guys. My teammate that was guarding the other big guy was getting used and abused so I spent a lot of time guarding my guy and doubling on the other big guy and had a few good weak-side defensive plays. Everyone was passing the ball and making shots. Had a good drive straight to the chest of one of the big guys and hit the and1(mind you, I didn't call and1) and had a crucial offensive rebound/put-back over the 2 monsters. Despite having a huge size disadvantage, our scrappy defense and communication kept us in the game till we lost 21-19(I hit a big 2 to tie it at 19). Disappointing loss but it was by far one of the most fun pickup games I've played.

sounds like really one of those games I was talking about. Lovely experience.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote