View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #4
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Fantasy Football 2013 Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
That's pretty high up for both Wallace and Bowe. You'd really invest a 4th or 5th rounder in those guys?

Wallace wasn't even a top 20 WR last season as far as fantasy production goes. Out off of the WRs you'd expect to see in a starting line up in a 10 team league he'd be among the least valuable.

He is in a new offense and the #1 option but I feel like defense will really try and shut him out. Imo I cant justify taking him until the 8th or 9th round.

Bowe is tricky because he has awesome ability but put up shitty stats last season. Granted he had multiple terrible QBs throwing to him and now has Smith, but does having Alex Smith boost him up to the 4-5 range?

Those 2 players I'm going to watch extremely closely in pre-season to see how many targets they get.

Jones-Drew in the 2nd or 3rd? Definetely could pay off huge if he comes back full strength, but that's not a guarantee. He's somebody i'm looking to stay away from early at all costs. If he falls to the 4th round and my RB situation isn't worked out yet though...i'd have to snatch him I think.

Jared Cook in the 12th round seems realistic enough. But I'm high on him. I feel like he is going to be a steal that late and can put up nice numbers in PPR.

Harvin and Austin I like at those spots, and Wilson is projected to go around the 4th round but he's unproven. I would love to get him in the 5th or 6th round but theres no chance he lasts that long.

Most of these were just projections not exactly where i would draft them.

I want nothing to do with Mike Wallace. However I am a little higher on Bowe than i am Wallace. In a 12 team draft you will most likely see Bowe and Wallace go late in the 4th to late 5th round.

In my opinion RB is thin this year and there are a lot of gambles. And that is why i value Jones-Drew in the third round. You just better hope you have an RB1 already by the time Jones-Drew comes around. It is hard to trust guys like DMC, Wilson, and Ball.

I also like Cook this season. However I like Finley better this year.
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote