Thread: Potential Deals
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 06:14 AM   #92
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation herepoido123 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Potential Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
As a Bulls fan, I hope and pray that you are right.
But then again, the past 3 years, all I kept hearing is that Miami is not that good.
game 1, 3 playoff games ago, oh, Bulls are simply too big, Heat are too small, then Miami took the series.
2 playoffs ago, Miami don't have size, Bosh goes down and yet beat Indiana who had Hibbert and West.
Last playoffs, oh Indiana is wiser, oh San Antonio is better with their great coach.....

IMO, the key too, is not resting on your laurels, Pat Riley was NOT content after signing the big 3, he kept signing vital players like Miller, Battier, Allen and yes even duds like Rashard Lewis. That 8-12 man is CRUCIAL esp incase your back ups don't produce. I like the first 6-7 players but I don't think you can go wrong with signing contingencies, provided ofcourse they have baggages like Stephen Jackson etc.

2011, Heat had everything go their way, all games were decided by less than 10 points with the exception of game 1 which we blew them out. Boozer and Noah looked injured, none of our shooters were a threat, which allowed the Heat to gamble defensively and force the Bulls team to shoot jumpshots, cut off Rose's driving lanes and protected the key. There's no guarantee that Dunleavy can't go cold like Korver did, however Dunleavy has a higher basketball IQ and has more to his game than just his shooting, he makes good decisions. It helps that we don't have Bogans anymore, Heat didn't have to worry about our outside shot for the most part. We now have Butler who can defend Lebron very well, and contribute offensively too.

Heat have been hanging on for the most part. Pacers took them to 7 games(We are a better team), Spurs basically won in 6(Ray Allen saved the Heat), so all those theories in a way were correct, Heat do have troubles with teams that have quality bigmen.

I'm interested to see if we sign anymore players before the roster is finalised. I wouldn't underestimate the improvement in Rose's game either. I have this sneaking suspicion that his game will surprise alot of people when he's back. Now that he has had ample time on the sidelines and watched all the games last year, he will have a pretty good idea on what he can contribute to the team and how he plan's to fit into the system. I predict Rose to have a more rounded game on return with a vastly improved jumpshot. He initially might have a few rusty games, but you will start to see the rewards of his training as the season progresses.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote