Thread: Potential Deals
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #94
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Potential Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
2011, Heat had everything go their way, all games were decided by less than 10 points with the exception of game 1 which we blew them out. Boozer and Noah looked injured, none of our shooters were a threat, which allowed the Heat to gamble defensively and force the Bulls team to shoot jumpshots, cut off Rose's driving lanes and protected the key. There's no guarantee that Dunleavy can't go cold like Korver did, however Dunleavy has a higher basketball IQ and has more to his game than just his shooting, he makes good decisions. It helps that we don't have Bogans anymore, Heat didn't have to worry about our outside shot for the most part. We now have Butler who can defend Lebron very well, and contribute offensively too.

Heat have been hanging on for the most part. Pacers took them to 7 games(We are a better team), Spurs basically won in 6(Ray Allen saved the Heat), so all those theories in a way were correct, Heat do have troubles with teams that have quality bigmen.

I'm interested to see if we sign anymore players before the roster is finalised. I wouldn't underestimate the improvement in Rose's game either. I have this sneaking suspicion that his game will surprise alot of people when he's back. Now that he has had ample time on the sidelines and watched all the games last year, he will have a pretty good idea on what he can contribute to the team and how he plan's to fit into the system. I predict Rose to have a more rounded game on return with a vastly improved jumpshot. He initially might have a few rusty games, but you will start to see the rewards of his training as the season progresses.

Most great teams also had some kind of adversity.
The Kobe/Shaq combo also struggled on the road in Sacramento,
Then was down 17 late in 3rd quarter vs Portland in game 7, the first year they won it all.
Before they won their 3rd ring, they needed to beat the KIngs 7th game on the road, actually needed a late 3pt shot by Horry in game 4....
Also I really believe in teams playing to the oppositions level of play. Superstars tend to relax then DIG DEEP, when it is needed.
but I digress, my whole point was Miami didn't simply think "we have enough to beat every team" after they signed the big 3. They kept acquiring key pieces like a great defender/3pt shooter in Battier, THEN, signed arguably the best shooter the past 12 years in Allen.
Im hoping that Rose has grown, but Im also afraid that you have underestimated the improvement of Lebron James. I mean the guy is not just athletic and big but also has wisen up and improved vastly on his clutch perimeter shots.
Boozer, Deng and Kirk are older, Noah and Taj have been fragile etc, they lost Asik etc. in the mean time Pat Riley has continued for ways to improve his team.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote