View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 12:18 AM   #2
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Default Re: A look into the Eastern Conference and the Knicks

1.Heat- The best team in the league until someone proves otherwise. Really no need to explain further. They've structured their team almost perfectly. They have an identity, and every move they make is geared toward that.

2.Indiana-They really have no weakness. They just don't have that go to player. Paul George has shown flashes of that. Hibbert has had his moments. Granger at one point appeared to be on his way but who knows how he'll be post injury. Overall though, I like their team. I do think losing Hansborough was a bigger deal than most people think though.

3.Nets- People can say what they want. I just don't see how they didn't get better. Pierce and Garnett as your 4th and 5th options. Blatche for the vet min. Kirilenko for the mini mid. Billy King has built a solid roster. I think the Nets biggest issue was heart and toughness. In my opinion, Garnett and Pierce are the epitome of that.

4.Knicks- I don't think we got much better....but I don't think we got worse. Losing Copeland was unfortunate but meh...it can be made up. MWP isn't as good offensively but he's definitely better defensively. Shot blocking is definitely an issue and I think game by game Chandler's defense is being more and more exposed. We desperately need more rim protection.

5.Bulls-Intrigued as to why you don't have them making the playoffs but then again, I thought they wouldn't make it last year. I'm not betting against them anymore. Thibs is easily a top 5 coach in my opinion. They lost Bellinelli and it's looking like they'll lose Nate. At some point, losing key guys is going to have to negatively impact them....right? I do like the Snell draft pick and them getting Dunleavy. Nate was a big part of their success though. Obviously a healthy Rose helps but they can't keep losing key role players.

6.Wizards- I really liked every move they made this summer. Porter will be a project until he can bulk up and work on his handle a little but he will have time to develop. I think Glen Rice Jr in the 2nd round is a steal. Eric Maynor is a solid backup. Martell Webster is very underrated. Last season was a tale of two seasons once Wall returned.

7.Cavs- They made a lot of major moves but I'm not sure all of them made sense. They acquired players in positions they already had filled and still left holes. I'm also not a fan of Bynum. The talent is obviously there but as much as people hate Dwight Howard, I have far less respect for this guy. He's a jerk and a quitter.

8.Raptors- They have 3 overpaid former Knicks lol But I kind of get the directiom they are going. They have a defensive minded coach and their guards and wings are defensively sound. Psycho T was a nice pickup. I think they will capture that 8th seed only to take an L in the 1st round to the eventual champs.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote