View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #7
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How to improve perimeter D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai2death
If they get a little past you, don't give up, quite often you can start forcing them down the side and they'll give up on the current route and try to find a better option, either cutting back, passing or even jacking a brick.
You said a lot of good things, but I liked this in particular. It's something I've had to work on in recent years. There were times where, if I was beat, I'd be like, "Ah well, it's up to the help defense now." I mean, I wouldn't just wave him by and stand still, but when I was beat, I kind of felt like I was out of the play.

However, I've noticed there's still a lot to be said for trailing a player who's beat you off the dribble all the way until a play occurs. Often, if help does come about, it can create a claustrophobic situation for the ball handler.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote