Thread: Identity
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #56
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Default Re: Identity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
He shouldnt be this inefficient because his role players are bad. He should be efficient because he is. Role players dont make the star better. The Star makes the role players better.

40% from the floor, 29% from 3, 6 rebounds (not good for your PF), 1.6 asst 1.1 stls 2.6 TO's. This is what Rudy Gay could do too if he took 5 or 6 more shots.

There is no disputing he needs help. I think he needs major help. He isnt a 20 million dollar plus player.
Like I said...I disagree. I think lack of help does affect your shooting % but ultimately it doesn't excuse it. I also disagree that he's not a max player. I think Carmelo Anthony is a top 10 player in the league. I think he's far better than Rudy Gay, especially given the fact that Gay has only played in like one post season and really was just ok. I don't speculate on what guys COULD do. I go by what guys do. And Rudy Gay doesn't strike me as a player who's even in the conversation with guys like Melo.

What I see when I see Melo is a guy who, on any given night, can look like the best player on the court regardless of who is playing. I'm not saying he's the best in the league, but when you possess that quality, I consider you an elite player. I also see a guy in elimination games as a Knick drop
32 and 9
38 and 5
39 and 7

Is he LeBron?..no. Is he Durant?...no. Does his shooting % need to improve? Absolutely. But there aren't many players outside of them I would trade for Carmelo Anthony. Maybe 3 others. And for that reason, I consider him an elite player. If you disagree...so be it.

Once again, we'll just have to agree to disagree and move on because nothing you or Knickscity has said in your opposing arguments have convinced me otherwise and I'm guessing the feeling is mutual.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote