Thread: Identity
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #58
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Re: Identity

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Like I said...I disagree. I think lack of help does affect your shooting % but ultimately it doesn't excuse it. I also disagree that he's not a max player. I think Carmelo Anthony is a top 10 player in the league. I think he's far better than Rudy Gay, especially given the fact that Gay has only played in like one post season and really was just ok. I don't speculate on what guys COULD do. I go by what guys do. And Rudy Gay doesn't strike me as a player who's even in the conversation with guys like Melo.

What I see when I see Melo is a guy who, on any given night, can look like the best player on the court regardless of who is playing. I'm not saying he's the best in the league, but when you possess that quality, I consider you an elite player. I also see a guy in elimination games as a Knick drop
32 and 9
38 and 5
39 and 7

Is he LeBron?..no. Is he Durant?...no. Does his shooting % need to improve? Absolutely. But there aren't many players outside of them I would trade for Carmelo Anthony. Maybe 3 others. And for that reason, I consider him an elite player. If you disagree...so be it.

Once again, we'll just have to agree to disagree and move on because nothing you or Knickscity has said in your opposing arguments have convinced me otherwise and I'm guessing the feeling is mutual.
You can post every overall number you want. He doesnt play efficiently. Nothing he does suggest that he is an elite player. Besides there arent many elite players that can carry a team thats just how the league is now. There are many made up superstars. Just because there arent many great players at the SF position doesnt mean he has to be a great player. Just because there arent many elite centers doesnt mean number 5 is a great player.

If you peel the onion back a couple of layers you see Rudy Gay, look at all the numbers. Same player with 5 or 6 less shots.

You havent said nothing to say this guy is an elite player. You just say 28 and 6 thats trash when you have to shoot like 25 times. He has more TO's than assit steals blocks. 6 rebounds for your starting PF is trash.

The guy is a inefficient volume scorer and has a repertoire, hey the guy isnt scared to take the last shot. The guy is what they call a superstar these days fine. Market dictates salary and I dont want to count any mans pockets but he isnt good enough to carry a team then he isnt good enough to be 20 million plus player.

Do the Knicks need him? OBVIOUSLY. Can he carry the team? NO. Does he need help? YES, significant help. Is everything his fault? NO.

My new saying;

Role players dont make the Superstar better the Superstar makes the Role players better.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote