View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 06:12 AM   #275
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: The sure to be epic 2013 Jazz off-season!

Quote:
Asked what he remembers most about playing in Utah, Lucas said the fans because "they are constantly talking to you ó the whole time, on the bench and the court."

Lucas smiled, thinking about how those jeers will turn to cheers.

"I canít wait to play here now because I donít have to hear about it from them," he said. ".... Now Iíll have them on my side ó our side."

With the Jazz, Lucasí task will be to solidify a completely rebuilt backcourt. He will undoubtedly help mentor rookie point guard Trey Burke.

"At this stage in my career," Lucas said, "Iíve learned a lot from a lot of players and feel I have a lot to give. With Trey being so young ... Iím here to push him. Hopefully he pushes me, too, so we can go ahead and get this thing rolling and get to the next level."

Lucas is the son of longtime NBA player John Lucas, who was the No. 1 pick in the 1976 draft. He has known Jazz general manager Dennis Lindsay "since I was eight or nine." That relationship is one reason he signed with Utah.

"[Lindsey] told me, ĎLook, I believe in you. I know what you can do. I want you to come up here and show everybody else what you can do, too,í" Lucas said.

His father also helped convince Lucas that Utah was the right place for him.

"We sat down and had a little family meeting," he said. "He told me, ĎLook, I think this is the perfect situation for you because you have so much to offer and so much to give.í ... And I felt the same way."

Asked to describe his professional career so far, Lucas said, "Just a journey. Iím a blue-collar worker ó somebody who, when he gets the opportunity, kicks the door down. That me."

luhm@sltrib.com

I'm guessing the 2nd year is a team option?
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote