View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #7
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

Default Re: Have you guys ever played with such a good basketball player in your team that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgan3
You don't even dare to shoot?

I swear this 5'10 guy in my court can beat any NBA player if the NBA players were shrink-ed to his height.

His shooting is just amazing, its like 80-90% of the time going in even fading away with defenders all over him.

His dribbles are tight, nothing flashy but very solid, he never does does dribbles like AND1 professor. His dribbles are strong and are really built to break down defenders. Not flashy on-the-spot weak dribbles, but one-two power dribbles and he'll blow by you.

He drives pass anybody AT WILL, excellent footwork and athleticism. And he makes his layups (Whether is it the left or right hand it don't matter). Or he'll back you up then do the Kobe fadeaway.

Offensively he is the whole package. He has the Jordan cockiness and he f-ked u up if u're in his team and miss a layup or create a turnover.

Im a 80++ % Free Throw shooter, but streaky. Im telling you, I don't even dare take a shot when playing with him in my team. You will feel like a super scrub playing with him in your team.

I've never seen him had a bad game before. He NEVER airballs no matter how crazy his shot. Either its Nothing-But-Net or it hits the inner rim and bounces out. Playing with him on my team, when he goes for the layup or shoot, many times I wished he will miss just to reassure myself his human and to prevent myself from looking like an idiot in basketball.

Nah, I don't care about shooting anyway, but if I had the shot, I'm taking it.

I've played with a lot of different players, despite never playing on a team for long. I've seen some really short guys that I was sure were capable of playing at the NBA level if they were taller. haha. I mean, I'm short, but they were shorter than me, but it was just like o Jesus.

Mainly, though, even though ya boy was making every shot, I think it takes a little more to be the best. While not the most talented player I ever played with, one of my teachers in HS was in his mid-20s at the time. He was a PG, 5'11 maybe, but he was just one of those people who knew the game. It was like, he was as good as you were, if that makes sense. He could support anyone in anything they did, as a PG should, but he wasn't the type of dude who could drop 50.

Frankly, people who take bad shots, even if they're making them, annoy me. If they were on my team, I'd feed them the ball, tho, I'm not a hater, but I think for someone to be a great bball player, they'd have to put you in a position where you'd HAVE to shoot it. And if you didn't shoot it in that instance (if that's what you're talking about) then you can be sure you made dude mad and disappointed, way more than he would have been had you missed.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote