View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 02:25 AM   #279
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: The sure to be epic 2013 Jazz off-season!

Bill Oram: The Jazz have made official the hiring of former Ute Alex Jensen as player development assistant. Long expected. Twitter @tribjazz

Former Utah Jazz star Karl Malone, who turns 50 on Wednesday, has made one concession to age. He bought a mule. During 18 seasons with the Jazz and one with the Los Angeles Lakers, Malone was known as a fitness fanatic who willed himself into the Hall of Fame. "In 30 years," says Jazz strength coach Mark McKown," Ive never seen anybody with the same capacity for work, the same drive or the same intensity." Salt Lake Tribune

Malone has always done the strenuous physical work his pastime requires by himself at least until recently. "Instead of being the athlete and walking everywhere, he got himself a mule," said Kay Malone, his wife. "... I think hes listening to his body more. Hes preserving himself more. He wants to be able to do things with the grandkids." Salt Lake Tribune

Theres another reason Malone still weighs 256 pounds his playing weight. One of his new projects is mentoring the Jazzs young players specifically power forward Derrick Favors and center Enes Kanter. "I always had a suspicion, at some point, Id be back involved with some organization," Malone said. "When I stepped back on the floor, I wanted to look like a coach. I wanted to look like I belonged. I thought it might help the young guys listen to me." Salt Lake Tribune
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote