View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 02:53 AM   #12532
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Before Sunset (2004)

I spent years avoiding this movie because I didn't want it to ruin the amazingness of Before Sunrise... Boy was I wrong.

This picks up 9 years after Sunrise, Jesse and Celine meet up once more and it's just heart wrenchingly beautiful. I almost cried a few times.

9.2/10

Before Midnight (2013)

Figuring the second was so great, why not risk it and watch the third installment. Dialogue was great as usual, very intense, but a starkly different tone than the other two.

Rough stuff, but captivating and truthful. I liked the movie, but not nearly as much as the others. It didn't hit the heights of the other two, but it was trying to do something different.

7.7/10

Huge fan of the series, Before Sunset is my favorite. First one came out when I was in high school and had an impact on me, had no idea they ever planned to do another and was floored by the second one when it came out. I hear you on the most recent one, it was fantastic but it definitely soiled some of the romance of the first two with some harsh realities of relationships. Still just painfully brilliant though. They've mastered the ability to turn 2 hours of conversation into a can't-miss series. I hope they make these movies every 10 years as long as the actors are alive, it'll never get old to me. Linklater is the man, he's got this "untitled 12 year project" (google it) that he's working on where he's had these two kids (his daughter and another kid) and filmed them for a couple weeks every year for 12 years and the story is about them in this time so they just started principle photography on the bulk of the story. Needless to say my interest is piqued.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote