View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 12:41 PM   #46
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What are your next gen plans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
Thorpesaurous can you give me your age in a bracket so I don't feel so bad about playing games still?

I'm 36.

I basically treat games like books. I can get out 4-6, maybe 8 a year. But I don't have time to screw around with them, so I play essentially only AAA titles. I pre-order the games I want. I get them opening day. If I like it I'll play it compulsively for a few weeks or month, depending on the size. I almost never leave anything unbeaten, unless I just really don't like it. I track down as many extras and hidden shit as I can without getting nuts about it. But I don't play online or anything. I'm mostly looking for a good story to unfold in front in of me, like a book, or a good movie.

So that sort of brings me back to why pre-ordering is a tough call for me. I'm not the kind of guy who wants to play a game that's 3 months old. I don't usually buy things on a whim. So I sort of want to have the Watch Dogs experience, which I was led to believe won't be available on PS3, which means I kinda have to buy the PS4 on release. Or I may be able to tide myself over a few months with GTA and get PS3 versions of AC and Batman, but if I wait too long something else will come along and I won't play Watchdogs.

It's a different problem because at my age I don't have the time to play as much as I'd like, but money isn't really a problem in buying the stuff I'd want, if I just had the time to play them.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote