View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #46
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: What are your next gen plans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
Thorpesaurous can you give me your age in a bracket so I don't feel so bad about playing games still?

I'm 36.

I basically treat games like books. I can get out 4-6, maybe 8 a year. But I don't have time to screw around with them, so I play essentially only AAA titles. I pre-order the games I want. I get them opening day. If I like it I'll play it compulsively for a few weeks or month, depending on the size. I almost never leave anything unbeaten, unless I just really don't like it. I track down as many extras and hidden shit as I can without getting nuts about it. But I don't play online or anything. I'm mostly looking for a good story to unfold in front in of me, like a book, or a good movie.

So that sort of brings me back to why pre-ordering is a tough call for me. I'm not the kind of guy who wants to play a game that's 3 months old. I don't usually buy things on a whim. So I sort of want to have the Watch Dogs experience, which I was led to believe won't be available on PS3, which means I kinda have to buy the PS4 on release. Or I may be able to tide myself over a few months with GTA and get PS3 versions of AC and Batman, but if I wait too long something else will come along and I won't play Watchdogs.

It's a different problem because at my age I don't have the time to play as much as I'd like, but money isn't really a problem in buying the stuff I'd want, if I just had the time to play them.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote