View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #12
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Has anyone tried the Ektio breakaways or any Ektio shoes?

got my pair a couple days ago. so for those of you with doubts or questions about them, a quick little review:

i went .5 size up, and the shoe fits GREAT. in pictures it looks a bit bulky, and even in your hand, the bumpers make the shoe look sort of big, but once you put it on, it honestly fits like a glove. theres no limitation of movement in your ankles besides the fact that the bumpers only allow you to turn it about 20 degrees(its supposedly 50 degrees in order to sprain/roll it) Amazing traction, and the soles/insoles almost feel like a cushion

the design leaves something to be desired. and if i didnt have stephen curry ankles, id still be rocking nikes. but for any of you with chronically weak ankles who HAVE to wear ankle braces for even a light shoot around, these shoes are for you.

the first day i tried them was about 5 days after my most recent ankle sprain, and that ankle was still sort of weak. i put the shoes on, and it felt at full strength. i was jumping off my right foot on drives like nothing. i was honestly thrilled because its been a while since i felt that much strength in an ankle.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote