View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #3
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Last of Us on Survivor Difficulty is the most difficult game I've ever played

I had every intention of going through this on Survivor to get the platinum trophy. I knew I had two more playthroughs to go, Survivor and Survivor+.

But I had a few more things I wanted to do. Find a few comic books, and other items I hadn't found previously, and finish maxing out my weapons and Joel's abilities.
So I discovered that I could ramp up the difficulty to Survivor and play each level by level on +, and that way I could find my stuff, and get the + game play taken care of, at least a large part of it.
But while playing on +, even with the amped up weapons, some sections were just excruciating. The Train station for one, which I wanted to go back to because I didn't get into that safe the first time through. And then right toward the end, there was a comic book I was looking for that required me to redo the tunnel that leads to the firefly hospital. The end of that segment, where the two bloaters are, along with a bunch of other pain in the ass bastards. It was excruciating. It took me hours to figure out a way through, and even then I spent a ton of molotovs and flamethrower ammo to get through it. And frankly I only did it because I had already gotten that far in it and just wanted to finish the section so I wouldn't have to do it again. But once I finished the level, and the FF soldiers come and take me while I'm giving Elie mouth to mouth, the next chapter starts, and frankly I had no interest in trying to do anymore. I had found everything, and knew the whole story. I think I'm all set. The only thing left I'd like to do is get all the optional conversations. But I don't see it happening.

Still an absolutely incredible game.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote