View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #13
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2013-14 Knicks starting lineup

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
I think you and many or most others are confused in thinking a pg in the nba is comparable to the pg position in junior high/high school or even college basketball. At lower than nba levels getting the ball up the court is a huge task, pressing trapping or full court defense. You don't do that in the nba because you can't. Any player 1-3 can break a press with the pass or dribble

Initiating offense w the dribble or the pass is another thing. Is that really what you think shumpert can't do? He can, more importantly they all can- Carmelo and jr are both asked to create for themselves and others as much or more than Felton. The only area Felton does the most is in the p&r game (which is not what the team should be built around)

People are way too locked into the idea of "positions" not even realizing that positions are defensive - it's who you cover, it doesn't mean what that player should do in the offense regardless of skillset.

So I'm believing you think Felton makes the team better offensively? Because its clear to all how much better of a defensive team you'd be with shumpert and jr. Offensively shumpert at pg and jr at sg would mean mismatches every game, maybe 2 out of 3 or 3 out of 3. Put Felton out there and it just makes it much easier to defend the Knicks

If you can know that your tougher to defend and much tougher defending the other team how do you not want that?

Shumpert is not a pg? What made Ron Harper a pg? Did Derek fisher create offense for others or was he a shooter that defended pg's?

I'm old enough to remember Ron Harper PRE-injury and he was pretty nice. Post injury, it didn't matter how good he was. Look at his teams. Derek Fisher was always a scrub to me. Always was lucky to play on good teams
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote