View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #8
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Go to move. picking your spots

With an approaching live dribble, my go-to move is an in-and-out dribble with a strong stutter. Very often, that sets up my second go-to move, the in-and-out to cross - which is a less smooth, more frantic version of this (without the spin and sick floater): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImQmIy1rZB0. The chances of me breaking someone's ankles off of a standard crossover size up are microscopic. But the chances of me doing so off of my in-and-out stutter to cross are somewhat solid.

This will sound really simple, but my right footed jab step is one of my go-to moves as well. I'm not an ambi-jabber (I never jab using my left foot) so I think all my power, speed, and repetition has been concentrated to my right, which may make it a little more effective than normal. If it works correctly, it usually sets up a strong left-handed drive or clean spot up look.

Lastly, I'm not sure if this is a go-to per se, but the move that most has my name on it in my area is the one Francis pulls off in this video at the 9 and 24 second mark - the little one-two step, right-to-left fallaway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOJSFki2qsA. I picked it up from Francis when I first saw that video in '01 and it's something that's just clicked with me. I don't quite understand why it's so accurate, but I'm not complaining.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 08-20-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote