View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #3
Dr. Cheesesteak
Local High School Star

Default Re: ISH's FIVE QUESTIONS: Detroit Pistons Edition

1. Is Brandon Jennings underrated or is Brandon Jennings overrated?
Overrated. At least in terms of skill. He's one of the best pure scorers in the league, especially given his size. His mental make-up may be lacking, but he has top-level ability on offense.

2. PROBABILITY FROM 1 to 10 (with 10 being Most Likely): In the year 2018, Andre Drummond will be the best Center in the NBA.
9. Which I think is where I had him in the Top 10 best NBA players in 4 years. It should be between he and Cousins, if Cousins can mature mentally/emotionally.

3. AGREE or DISAGREE: After thirteen up-and-down years, Joe Dumars should be fired as GM.
Disagree. He isn't GREAT at his job, but he's serviceable and has made some really good moves on that roster. Rebuilding is rarely fast or easy.

4. So wait...Josh Smith is playing the 3? Isn't he better at the 4? And Billups is now a 2? Or will he back up Jennings? And what about Stuckey? Is he starting? Is Bynum marginalized now? Will Villanueva even play or released? Will Smith and Monroe playing together? Aren't Singler and Jerebko gonna get minutes? And how in the blue hell is KCP gonna get in there? And Datome needs minute too right?.........
Sort this roster out for us.

If I were in charge of the rotation, I'd have it like this:
Drummond, Monroe, Singler, KCP, Jennings starting. The top bench players would be JSmooth (rotate w/ Monroe and Drummond), Datome and Jerebko as cornermen (whoever I feel like playing), and Billups being the #1 G to rotate, followed by Stuckey. The team DOES have a lot of mid-lvl talent depth, that's for sure. Villanueva, Mitchell, and Bynum get scrub or situational minutes. Mitchell probably 1st choice in this group, since he needs to develop. But I want KCP to start to develop ASAP and JSmooth can be an elite energy guy off the bench and play crunch time minutes if need be.

5. The Detroit Pistons will make the playoffs this season.
I assume this is "True or False". I'll go w/ true. I think they have the talent and Cheeks is a decent coach.
Dr. Cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote