View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 04:59 AM   #31
COnDEMnED
Local High School Star

COnDEMnED is considered somewhat coolCOnDEMnED is considered somewhat coolCOnDEMnED is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: the world, america, and black people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Bum
well if citizenship was related to who helped build this place, then black americans could definitely say we're citizens. but i don't trust my government to not try and take away my citizenship. what do i do if that time comes? simply go over to another country that views black americans as negatively as america? i'm going to do my best go further and life and if i get the opportunity to help with such a project, one that has black americans carving out their own place on the planet.

regarding the black american women thing; its not a matter of not sleeping with them, no. i'm talking about if i was in a position to think that if the race of my children would dictate the quality of their or even prevent them from harm (like the government taking away their citizenship), i want them to have another homeland they can go to and actually have blood ties to it and not have to put up with anyone saying they don't belong. black americans came here in chains, its too easy for people to treat us like we don't belong.

remember, i'm not saying african americans. black americans (yes of african descent, but there is a difference). african americans are in the same boat as someone who is japanese american. the black american is in a very weird middle of the world where technically they are immigrants (but no more than their white neighbors), but this is very much our home country too, but because we don't control anything, own much of anything, its almost like we have no foundation to stand on in a country we're calling our home. foundation seems necessary.
Very interesting, some of the things you're touching on. Would you mind sharing a little more on the topic on African Americans vs Black Americans? Are you saying Black Americans are the offspring of the original slaves, while African Americans are simply Blacks who have either migrated to America from Africa or had children born in America, with no cross breeding from black Americans? Kind of like a purist thing?
COnDEMnED is offline   Reply With Quote