View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #35
MavsSuperFan
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: the world, america, and black people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Bum
you haven't been following...the whole point is having the option to leave to a place that is still your home. duh the US is a collection of immigrants, hence the very proof that no one can call this home (outside of the ruling race i suppose, but even then, a lot of that rule is rooted in where these people came from), because it is simply a world trading posts, hence why they let just about everyone come here. there are no immigration issues in the US; there's no difficulty keeping anyone in or getting anyone out. this government knows exactly what its doing, and knows as a world market, it must always go for the money, which means not turning away potential consumers.

i know a bunch of you are labeling me an idiot or crazy, but how can acknowledge a fact like 'black people (in america)' do not have a true homeland (when you consider that this country will never ever move on from slavery, jim crow, the klan, domestic terrorism on black cities), and me wanting us to stop all this silly bs of acting ignorant on tv, supporting BET at all. we look like the ****in clowns of the world and its not completely warranted, or at least the image always wasn't, but lately (last couple decades) we've been playing the role as the ignortainment a bit too willingly while singing kumbayah like just about every other race on this planet wouldn't be happy to see us gone. no matter how deep the roots go to show how much we've contributed; we need our own land. not to oppose anyone else, just so we can contribute without a dark shadow of past raped by racism, torture, and horror. but i'm the crazy idiot...

Black people are 12.6% of the population (12.2% if you dont count hispanic blacks). Obama won in 2008 with 52.9% of the vote and 51.1% of the vote in 2012. That means that the people that voted for him (the majority of which werent black) had no problem with calling a black man our president. Also I am going out on a limb here but I am just going to say that the majority of people that voted for the GOP didn't do so for racial reasons.

I dont understand how anyone can say that racism isnt much less of a problem today than in the past. We have a black president, even the hint of racism is roundly condemned, workplace stress diversity, etc.

About the worst thing someone can be in 2013 is a racist. The pure fact that racists have to hide their racism nowadays shows how far we have come in regards to race relations.

Quote:
duh the US is a collection of immigrants, hence the very proof that no one can call this home

Honestly America is one of the most patriotic/nationalistic (almost stupidly so) countries on earth. The fact that we are a nation of immigrants means every american citizen regardless of race/ethnicity can call America home.

Quote:
(when you consider that this country will never ever move on from slavery, jim crow, the klan, domestic terrorism on black cities)

Slavery and jim crow are both illegal, the klan is not respected by anyone, and I am not even sure what you mean by domestic terrorism in black cities.

When I think of domestic terrorism I think of the OKC bombing which was a white man attacking the US government. If you are talking about inner city violence, the vast majority of that is black on black.

Quote:
we seem to be the only race whose numbers are shrinking.
Not that I care about this but thats just factually inaccurate.

Non-hispanic white were almost 90% of the country in 1950, now we are 63.7% of the population.

Last edited by MavsSuperFan : 08-25-2013 at 04:14 PM.
MavsSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote