View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #39
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: the world, america, and black people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Bum
we have an african president with a white mother. he may as well be mexican.

alot of that patriotism is idiocracy. not even our elected representatives represent us, so how the hell can this be a country if you really have no say. the masses are just too ignorant to realize how little they matter to the powers that be outside of being milked and used in whatever agendas they want to get across.

i'm not going to dive into racism much, because to me is pretty evident it is alive and well. is someone calling me ****** and picking on me? no, but there forever remains a negative stigma attached to being a black american, and the world will not let that go. in other parts of the world they just believe what they see on tv, in the US any negative action by a black person is somehow representative of the other 99.99% of the race. i never see the kind of outcry to lock up and dispose of an entire group of people for non-black people in america when a non-black person does something criminal. this is the easiest evidence of a state on edge, and all it takes is one thing to get the idea rolling that maybe the problem is their presence. another civil war is not unlikely, except we're grossly outnumbered.

Even though they arent actually a race, muslims (and arab looking people) are treated more poorly than black folks currently... The ignorance and the hatred surrounding the reasoning of it is similar, but they have had a pretty tough time in the wake of 911.

I agree with some of what you said, But I dont think black folks should consider leaving the US ... This country is as much ours as it is anyone else's. too many people of color have fought and died to make this country better for blacks and everyone else.

I dont forsee any civil wars or race wars in the future.. I think the problem is that white america is starting to figure out that things are changing and the media and the political establishment are using that fear to capitalize on short term interests..

The real war in the near future will be a class war, not a race war. As the middle class crumbles and the institutions of this country lose the faith of the people, the public will stop buying the idea that the people who have nothing are the one's causing all the turmoil.

I know poor blacks and poor whites.. They generally think the same things.. they both think the other is stealing their opportunities. People are starting to catch on to the game though, and as they do? the media and establishment have to keep turning up the fear monger propaganda to hold our attention away from the issues that truly matter.. They can't play this game forever though..

The government continues to militarize itself against it's own people and whore itself out to corporate interests... There is only so ling this can continue without the system totally falling apart.. When that happens? Blacks and whites wont see each other as the enemy anymore because we'll both be on the outside looking in.. But for now? people will continue to put their heads in the sand and pretend that the poor are the problem..that blacks are the problem.. that racism is the issue.. that the old failed myths of the American Dream and its meritocracy still exist and still matter...

people wont wake up until reality collides with their fantasy world.. It will probably be too late at that point... but we'll see..
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote