View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #37
LeFraud James
THE KING GOT HIS RING

Default Re: Fantasy Football 2013 Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 Lakers
Would it be crazy to draft either Lynch/Richardson over Martin/Spiller/Charles?

Are any of you as high on Trent Richardson as I am?

Realistically, after AP and Doug Martin it's really personal preference with the next tier of RBs. You could literally draft anyone out of Doug, Spiller, Lynch, Charles, LeSean, Rice, Trent, even Alfred Morris in the beginning of the first and you would be alright.

My QB-favored(Pass TDs: 6 pts, Comp: +0.25, Inc: -0.25) Big Money League just completed our draft this morning:

1.AP
2.Spiller
3.Martin
4.Morris
5.Lynch
6.Rice
7.Charles
8.Foster
9.McCoy
10.Richardson
11.Calvin
12. A.J Green

QB-favored league, and yet no QBs selected in the first round?!? Needless to say, I was very happy with Jamaal Charles at 7. Alfred Morris at 4 was a curveball, and Foster slipping to 8 was somewhat expected. Everything else seems about right.

10 out of first 12 picks were RBs

13.Chris Johnson
14.Forte
15.MJD
16.Ridley
17.Dez
18.Steven Jackson
19.Peyton
20.B-Marsh
21.Brees
22.Jimmy
23.Rodgers
24.Julio

15 out of the first 18 picks were RBs

I was extremely tempted to nab Brees instead of S-Jax, what with this being a QB-happy league and all, but I just couldn't pull the trigger. S-Jax was the last RB remaining in my low-end RB1/high-end RB2 tier, and passing on him would have meant settling for Gore, Bush, Wilson or DeMarco as my RB2. (Note: Gore, Bush, Wilson and DeMarco are all fine RB2's[assuming you're targeting either one of the elite QBs or WRs like Rodgers, Brees, Dez, AJ, or Marshall])

Towards the end of the 2nd we see the remainder of elite WRs and finally we get some QBs on the board.

25.Gore
26.Reggie
27.David Wilson
28.Demaryius
29.V-Jax
30.Andre Johnson
31.Tom Brady
32.Fitz
33.Cruz
34.Cobb
35.DeMarco
36.McFadden

20 out of the first 36 picks were RBs

I'll be the first to admit it. I reached slightly for Tom Terrific. Can you blame me though? In a league where we get +0.25 per completion, -0.25 per incompletion, AND 6 point pass TDs, Brady offers Top-4 value at the position. You could argue that Cam's rushing pedigree makes him a more intriguing fantasy option, or that I could get Matt Ryan a full 2 rounds later and get similar production, but you'll be wasting your breath.

As for the rest of the draft, I won't waste your time with details. I present to you my team:

QB WR WR WR RB RB TE W/R/T K DST

1. (7) Jamaal Charles (KC - RB)
2. (18) Steven Jackson (Atl - RB)
3. (31) Tom Brady (NE - QB)
4. (42) Danny Amendola (NE - WR)
5. (55) Eric Decker (Den - WR)
6. (66) Ahmad Bradshaw (Ind - RB)
7. (79) Mike Williams (TB - WR)
8. (90) Shane Vereen (NE - RB)
9. (103) Owen Daniels (Hou - TE)
10. (114) Chris Givens (StL - WR)
11. (127) Bernard Pierce (Bal - RB)
12. (138) Rueben Randle (NYG - WR)
13. (151) Christine Michael (Sea - RB)
14. (162) New England (NE - DEF)
15. (175) Justin Tucker (Bal - K)
16. (186) Julian Edelman (NE - WR)

QB: Tom Brady
WR: Danny Amendola/Eric Decker/M. Williams(TB)
RB: Jamaal Charles/Steven Jackson
TE: Owen Daniels
Flex: Ahmad Bradshaw

Bench: Shane Vereen, Chris Givens, Bernard Pierce, Christine Michael, Rueben Randle, Julian Edelman
LeFraud James is offline   Reply With Quote