View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #23
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2013 FIBA Africa Championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
Big thanks for that I always enjoy watching decent bball with players I don't know (e.g Summer League) will be watching out for those guys cheers again. The way I look at it there is a surplus of talent in the world of basketball so it's always interesting to see guy's you probably would have never seen and just enjoy the game for what it is.
No problem! Absolutely, basketball has truly become a global game these days. Each edition of this tournament has seen the quality of the play improve leaps and bounds. There's still a ways to go but the recruiting of European teams and Basketball Without Borders has done a great deal for basketball on the continent.

- Cape Verde pulled off a comeback from 15+ down in the third quarter to eliminate Congo. The Congolese looked devastated after letting a golden opportunity to make the semis slip away (winner plays Egypt).

- The Nigerians dominated the CAF with a dazzling display of athleticism. Their one glaring weakness is their 3 point shooting but when they're knocking down outside shots like they were today, they're the class of the tournament.

- Senegal put Rwanda away with an impressive display from Swiss-Senegalese youngster Pape Badji. (20 points/8 rebounds on just 9 shots). If Senegal can qualify for the World Cup, look for them to bring a much stronger team with more NBA and Europe-based players.

The draw:
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote