View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 11:11 AM   #396
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: pickup/league play Weekly brag (post yours here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I broke a rim dunking outside yesterday. I am not a beast, so it's not as if I just Shaqued it, but through repeated dunking, the single rim (i.e. not the standard double rims) broke away from the two metal supports leading from the rim to the backboard and the rim itself bent down 6 inches.

It was an old rim, and I know it's not on the same level as a real broken goal, but as a relatively light dude, this is about as close as I'll ever get.

That's the type of rim. And those two metal rods are what broke off and led to the unobtruded bending of the iron. I'll take it where I can get it.

Moral of the story: That's why everyone runs with double rims in public locations these days.
Came across this reading back through the thread. I actually have video of the event mentioned but as I said, it's not insane or anything. I'd already bent the rim on my previous dunk and this one was just the finisher. Also, you'll have to excuse the music - my little brother was taping and was a little loud into the camera so I covered it up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR3hGT7_ouM
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote