View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 12:14 AM   #29
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2013 FIBA Africa Championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabepizza
Wow! We know the African zone is getting stronger when the 1st place and 3rd place teams from the 2011 African championship (including the team that beat Lithuania and eliminated Greece in last year's Olympic qualifying event) don't even make the semi-finals.

On the negative side these upsets will make it harder for an African teams to win games in the World Cup next year but I guess it's good that more African teams will get the experience of playing against top teams. I see African really improving in the next few year. Last year was the first time an African team won a bracket game ever, can next year be the first time they do it in the WC. In 2006 Nigeria lost to Dirk and Germany by only point in the round of 16.

Stunning upset from Senegal over the loaded Nigerian squad!

Man, Saer Sene might be the worst offensive player I've ever seen but his ridiculous length allows him to impact the game so much defensively. If that guy had any semblance of basketball IQ, he'd still be in the NBA.

The field is wide open now, I'd say Angola and the Ivorians are the favorites. Egypt is the feel good story of the tourney.

Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote