View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 12:31 AM   #44
Grinder

Default Re: 2013 FIBA Americas Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
Yeah we did have poor results building up, but if you looked at the boxscores, Triano played everyone a lot of minutes and all the games were close. We used different starters and different rotations each game and hopefully by now they have their line up set. The approach was more like a controlled scrimmage as opposed to a must win game.

I do worry about our guards though, we have been giving up big games to opposing PGs.

As for the no shows I posted at the beginning of the thread, thanks to all the capt. obviouses out there who pointed out those guys weren't likely playing anyways, a big round of 'd'oh' for you all, I just wanted to post notable eligible no shows.

I think one of your problems is lack of floor spacing when you put out your best defensive lineup (Joseph, Thompson, Anthony) vs. awful perimeter defense when Rautins and Heslip are out there.

I think the best lineup might be something like: C. Joseph, Rautins, K. Joseph, Thompson, and Nicholson. Is Jermaine Anderson the backup point guard or is it Devoe Joseph?

Carl English should have been called up. He's been one of the most prolific scorers in Spain the past few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
Is Huertas playing for Brazil? That guy is my favorite guard outside the NBA I remember the first time I seen him was against the USA and he controlled the game hard but Brazil lost by like 1-2 in the opening game of a recent tournament.

Would have liked to see Vasquez playing but he's injured.....

Yep and his backup is recent Hawks' draftee Raul Neto.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote