View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 08:05 AM   #20
Rake2204
5-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: look, I suck. How to be improve you confidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushxx
One day I just told myself not to give a fuck. Fixed. Now I go hard, and nobody likes playing against me.
That's actually exactly what I had to do. I still get nerves in certain basketball situations but in terms of coming to grips with playing in front of a crowd, my best solution was to not care, or more accurately, pretend and act like I didn't care. It was a "fake it 'til you make it" situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieming
Practice, I mean do actual drills. Not playing pickup ball, over the years I found that pickup ball whilst fun doesn't do anything for my skill level. To actively improve, you have to practice.
I'd qualify this quote a little bit. I think it all depends upon the content of these drills and games. For me, I feel like pickup games are a great opportunity to develop my game. If developing one's game is a puzzle, the drills might be creating the pieces, but actual games is where we put them all together, so I guess I find both aspects necessary to improving. And sometimes, finding how to utilize those pieces in-game can be just as difficult as drilling in those areas. So when done right, I'm a fan of using pickup as a tool for improvement.

Last edited by Rake2204 : 09-06-2013 at 08:10 AM.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote