View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 01:53 AM   #5
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Default Re: Eric Mangini is/was a terrible coach and a lunatic (link inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Good read, but I don't think he was anything special of a coach, however I don't think this guy's account of Mangini can totally sell me him as a lunatic considering he was signed and then cut 2 weeks later. I'm sure there a lot of tyrant coaches in the league. The quotes from the GM concern me more than Mangini.
If this were just an isolated case, then maybe I could see why you weren't completely buying the word of a guy who was on the team for two weeks. However, Mangini's insanity is well documented.

In this article...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu..._daboll_112411

...several players are quoted as saying Mangini and Daboll (the Browns offensive coordinator during those years) did everything in their power to make Colt McCoy's life a living hell. He was our freaking starting quarterback and they despised him, for reasons unknown.

Here's an excerpt...

Quote:
Another time, says the offensive player, It was during a walkthrough, and they chose Colt to stand in at fullback, for whatever reason. I guess he kind of ran the wrong route; how the hell should he know what the fullback was supposed to run? Daboll flipped out. Colt was livid. Hed never had a coach talk to him like that.

Several Browns recalled a meeting early in the 2010 season in which Daboll told McCoy, I just watched [tape of] your last college game, and you were terrible. What the hell were you throwing out there? That was one of the worst games Ive ever seen. Why the [expletive] did we draft you?
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote