View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #350
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: The sure to be epic 2013 Jazz off-season!

Hayward and his agent, Mark Bartelstein, are currently in talks with the Jazz to extend his contract this summer. If no deal is reached, he’ll become a restricted free agent next summer. “It’s crazy that this is already going to be my fourth year and we’re already talking about that,” Hayward said. “But I’m definitely happy in Utah and love playing there and would love to continue my career there.”

Indianapolis Star

Inevitably, the conversation shifted to this summer’s biggest news: That of Hayward’s former coach, Brad Stevens, leaving the school after six stellar seasons to become the head coach of the Boston Celtics. Hayward smiled. He said he was as shocked as anyone when it happened, but he couldn’t be more excited for Stevens. “It’s the Boston Celtics, how do you turn that down?” he said. “It’s been a dream of his to coach at that level. And to be in Boston, there’s almost no other place, as far as tradition-wise, in the NBA that can match that.”

Indianapolis Star

Hayward said he’s mostly been in Indianapolis, training five days a week at St. Vincent. He spends his mornings on the basketball court and his afternoons in the weight room, “working on explosion and speed stuff,” he said. “I’m lucky to have a place like this where I can train,” he said. “A lot of guys have to travel and are all over the place. It’s cool that I can be here and hang out with friends and family and still get plenty of basketball work in.”

Indianapolis Star
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote