View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #10
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Eric Mangini is/was a terrible coach and a lunatic (link inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
A lot of coaches are screamers and this player has a grudge from being cut. Clearly Mangini didn't get it done in Cleveland so he's open for criticism but it's not like McCoy set the league on fire once he was gone.
What is the purpose of constantly disparaging your starting QB in front of the whole team and coaching staff, regardless of who he is, how much talent he has or what he does when you leave? What's the purpose of it?

Look at the best coaches in the NFL. They didn't get there by having their teams hate them. Coughlin is the only coach I can think of who "old-schools" his players and is successful with it. And, I pretty much guarantee he doesn't do the stuff described by multiple sources around Mangini. The whole deal with making players recite dumb mantras during film study? That's bush league nonsense.

And, this guy is writing a book about his experiences as an NFL toss-around. He isn't under the illusion that he was some great untapped product. The book hasn't been released yet, but I seriously doubt he describes similar absurdity in the other five teams that cut him.

Mangini is a loon. It was rumored during his whole time in Cleveland and I've seen nothing to make me believe otherwise.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote