View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #9
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: When will American football become as popular worldwide as basketball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
their football is amateur level too though...

it's surprisingly popular there I think

ALSO, the NFL has a large fan base in Mexico...

I think football's popularity is not just the US but all of North America
The CFL is a very high level of football. It's not on the level of the NFL, but it's the closest league in the world. Guys have come from the CFL to become, not just players, but stars in the NFL. Kurt Warner is the most glaring example, obviously, but Cameron Wake played for two years in the CFL before being given a chance with the Dolphins and subsequently becoming one of the most feared pass rushers in the NFL.

Andrew Hawkins is another good example of a guy who made the jump and is now a starting WR on a very good offense.

I certainly don't look at the CFL as amateur football. Those guys are one step away. It's Class AAA for football players. If you play in the CFL, you're a damn good football player... Certainly beyond amateur status (especially since they're getting paid for playing the game).

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 09-09-2013 at 04:15 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote