View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 01:19 PM   #12
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: When will American football become as popular worldwide as basketball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Let's start with the fact that Kurt Warner never played in the CFL.

Then, if you're looking for glaring examples of guys who actually did, how about Warren Moon, Joe Theisman and Doug Flutie?

I do agree that it's by no means "amateur" football, just a level substantially below that of the NFL.
You're right. Warner was in Arena League, which I always considered a notch below the CFL. Not sure if that's accurate, but that's always the way I looked at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
Better question, when will basketball, the clearly superior sport, surpass football in America?

The gap between football and every other sport in America is growing, not shrinking. So, to answer your question, unless football is outlawed due to head injuries, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Basketball is not close... It's probably not even second (that would be baseball).
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote