View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 07:28 PM   #13
TonyMontana
Local High School Star

TonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputation
Default Re: Will there be a Kansas City rant this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodlum Science
I'm pretty sure you meant AFC "West" (instead of just AFC in general); and yeah if that is the case, you're completely right. Neither the Chargers or Raiders are going to amount to jack shit this season - which is incredibly sad considering Philip Rivers is wasting away what should be his prime years at this point in his career.

Now, if you truly meant the entire AFC ... I can't say I'm with you on that one. Patriots are clearly a tier above Kansas City. If we're talking next year, when Alex Smith + Andy Reid + all other young guys have had a season to gel combined with Brady having another slowly yet surely year sinking below his prime then maybe we're singing a different tune, but not this year.

Also, you can't say the Chiefs are a step above the Bengals. Not this year, sure as hell not the next. The Bengals are positioned to be a GREAT franchise for years to come, and yes the Chiefs are too, but not even close. SB champs Ravens will steamroll over the Chiefs this year. Also, can't forget about the Texans. Matt Schaub at this point is still a better QB than Alex Smith; so I don't see how anyone can put KC above Houston.

As much as I like KC this year, at best, all they can do is pull what the Colts did which was go from one of the league's worst (record wise) to being good enough to snatching a wild-card; and perhaps playing in the weaker AFC makes that possible this season, you still can't forget there's some clout teams still in that conference.

I meant the entire AFC.

I'm not saying the Chiefs are better than the Patriots, Texans, Bengals, but I can argue their on par with those teams. The Patriots offensive playmakers are currently out, Bengals lost to the Bears, Texans had to play catchup to a pretty bad Chargers team. All of these teams have their flaws. Other than the Broncos there isn't a clear cut dominant team in the conference.

I'd certainly take the Chiefs over the Ravens however. And unfortunately your right about their ceiling being a wildcard spot, but thats more so because the Broncos are in their division and they have zero chance at winning it.
TonyMontana is offline   Reply With Quote