View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 08:45 PM   #743
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Default Re: 4th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
What do you see happening at qb for the Browns the rest of the season?
That's the million dollar question. I would be surprised if Hoyer isn't the quarterback this week. I'm not saying that because I think he should be the QB, but just the vibe I'm getting.

Lombardi is on the record as a huge fan of Hoyer when Mike worked on NFL Network and he's also on record as not a big fan of Weeden. Now, I'm not going to trust that completely, but he also raved about Trent Richardson in the lead-up to the draft and you saw what happened there. However, I just don't think this regime is wild about Weeden.

With that said, I was not overwhelmed with Hoyer's performance last week. I thought the huge leap in offensive production had everything to do with Gordon coming back and the Vikings' defense not being close to the Dolphins/Ravens than anything Hoyer did. In fact, his three interceptions were very ugly and, despite not having Gordon and going against a better defense the week before, Weeden had no interceptions against the Ravens.

I'm also concerned with how Hoyer will do when opponents have game film on him to study for a week leading up to the game.

It isn't all bad... He's an athletic kid with a ton of confidence and a pretty good arm. He also looked pretty in sync with the receivers despite it being his first game.

I think Hoyer will start this week, but I wouldn't be shocked if Weeden was eventually the starter again. I think it's sort of unfair that Weeden had to play two games with no one who could get open and Hoyer's start happened to come with Gordon on the field, who changes everything with his size, speed and skill. He opens up big plays down the field and underneath routes simply by being on the field.

At the end of the day, both Cameron and Gordon will continue to beast regardless of who the QB is... They have the potential of being a dynamic combination if the Browns ever get their shit together.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote