View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 09:35 PM   #376
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: The sure to be epic 2013 Jazz off-season!

Quote:
Burke wants to lead the Jazz to the postseason, possibly as early as the 2013-14 season.
Im really looking forward to competing in the playoffs, and I want it to be this year, Burke said. Im going to compete and fight, so is everybody else on our team. Were all going to compete and fight. It should be a fun year and thats one of our goals. Our number one goal is to make the playoffs and go from there. Hopefully we can come together and do so. Im looking forward to it.

I'm afraid that's not the number one goal of the front office. If it was you probably wouldn't be starting.

Quote:
While winning is clearly the most important thing to Burke, he also admits that hed love to bring home Rookie of the Year honors. Burke believes he be a difference maker for the Jazz, and take home to the award.
I definitely think I can potentially get that award, Burke said of Rookie of the Year. Coming off the season I had last year, Im a confident player. My confidence is my strength. I definitely think there is a good chance that I could win it.
Burke certainly doesnt lack confidence. When told that hell have to face All-Star point guards like Chris Paul, Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, Rajon Rondo, Deron Williams, Tony Parker and Kyrie Irving in the first few months of his career, Burke doesnt seem concerned at all. In fact, hes looking forward to going at the NBAs elite floor generals.
They have to guard me just like I have to guard them, Burke said with confidence. There are so many talented point guards young ones and ones that are in their prime right now so I definitely think its the most challenging position, but Im willing to embrace that challenge. Im definitely ready to embrace it. Ive been ready my whole life, from the top level of AAU to high school to college to now here in the NBA. Its my dream to be here, so its nothing that Im concerned about. I just have to go in there and be confident. Im ready to embrace my opponent every night in and night out.
Burke has already won over his teammates, who have been impressed with his work ethic and abilities. Alec Burks, who played alongside Burke in the Orlando Summer League and worked out with him this summer, raves about the rookie.
He makes everyone better, Burks said of his new backcourt partner. Hes a great passer. He can shoot it. Hes someone who is going to draw defenses to him, so that makes my life easier. Hes going to make all of us better. Hes a really good player. Were going to playing together a lot so weve got to get that chemistry down and then just get better together.

Good to hear him and Alec have been working on their chemistry together anyway.
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote