View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 12:48 AM   #408
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: The sure to be epic 2013 Jazz off-season!

Quote:
Training Camp Challenge

Earn a roster spot and beat out John Lucas III for the backup PG position. The point guard depth chart is still to be determined heading into training camp. The Utah Jazz front office had made it clear that they want a competition to occur for the starting point guard position. The same can be said for the backup point guard situation.

Where did they make it clear? Got to be Burks or Burke starting at the one I'd think though to me Hayward should be the point forward. Clark possibly but he'd be more of a two with Burks at the one I'd imagine. Clark sounds like more of a 6th man type but he might be the best defensively to match up with opposing pg's.

Quote:
The backup point guard battle could get muddied with Alec Burks going to Spokane to work on his point guard skills.

Alright! Who else visited Stock?

Quote:
Not only will Scott Machado be fighting for that coveted backup point guard position against Lucas III, he will be competing against Alec Burks and, possibly, Ian Clark as well.

As I said with Justin Holiday, in order for Scott Machado to earn a roster spot and compete for the backup PG position he will have to show that he is not only a floor general on the offensive side of the ball but on the defensive side as well. If he can show he can defend NBA-caliber point guards he will earn a spot on this roster. He has the accolades as proof that he can be an exceptional ball distributor, but he will have to prove he can do more than get assists to stick with the Utah Jazz for the remainder of the 2013-2014 season.

He's more of a Sloan type pg. Not sure he fits with this team so much.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote