View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 03:10 AM   #6
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2013 Fall camp/Pre-Season!

"I feel a little bit more comfortable knowing that I got my first practice under my belt, and I'm just ready to move forward from here," he said at the Zions Bank Basketball Center on Tuesday afternoon.

"There was a lot of uncertainty, really, not really knowing what to expect coming into training camp," the Michigan product said. "But once I got comfortable with the staff and got comfortable with my new teammates, they're making it easy for me out there, helping me through my mistakes and, more importantly, they're teaching me."

Head coach Tyrone Corbin recognizes the learning curve that lies ahead of Burke and other young players. He and his coaching staff have taken the time to offer advice to help him adjust to his new surroundings ó both on the court and off.

"You can try and make things as simple as you can, but the game is what the game is," the coach said. "(Burke is) going to have to face all those obstacles. We try and put him in situations to get him prepared for what he is getting ready to face, but itís going to change when he gets in front of it and faces it."

With regard to basketball, Corbin said Burke is in an improved position due to the added time he put in prior to training camp. Burke added that the coach asked him to focus on improving his pace of play and aggression ó once he adjusted to the elevation.

Corbin also spoke about his discussions with Burke regarding his new life away from basketball.

"Off the court just making sure he understands the responsibility of being a good citizen," Corbin said. "He understands what he should be doing, now he needs to understand the crowd thatís going to be around him because he is who he is. Heís used to some of that at the college level, it changes at this level. Heís done a good job of making those adjustments thus far."
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote