View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #827
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 4th Annual ISH Money League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
To be fair, he was nursing a hurt ankle on a short week. It seemed pretty clear that they were trying to minimize the amount of work he had last night because of the tweaked ankle. I think he will pick it up.

I don't really understand why they aren't involving him more in the passing game tho. He is the type of player that needs to be out in space and Buffalo isn't doing much to get it for him.
Yeah, I know he's nursing an injury but that would be part of the concern. He wasn't getting a really heavy workload to start the year and he still ended up being hobbled early in the season.

Fred Jackson just isn't going away. Going into last season, I thought, "OK, this is the year Spiller totally takes over the running game." Jackson was the starter until he got hurt. This year, I definitely thought he was going to take over... But FJax is averaging 4.8 YPC on 65 attempts to Spiller's 4.0 YPC on 74.

Yes, Spiller was hobbled yesterday, but there was a noticeable difference seeing them live. FJax hits the hole hard and is an excellent receiver out of the backfield. There is no hesitation in his game. Spiller just did not look as productive. A lot of dancing and probing.

Now, obviously he has the big-play ability and his injury obviously played a role... But if I knew nothing about either guy and was just evaluating them on their games as I saw them, FJax was the better player pretty clearly.

There's a reason why Jackson is still such an integral part of that offense. I'd say he's probably the most underrated back in the NFL at this point. He's really good. At the end of the day, that's the biggest reason Spiller hasn't seized control of the position, imo.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 10-04-2013 at 10:12 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote