View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 11:43 PM   #27
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2013 Fall camp/Pre-Season!

The new-look Utah Jazz are counting on a breakout season by Gordon Hayward.

So far, so good.

According to coach Tyrone Corbin, Hayward has gotten off to good start during the first three days of training camp.

"His maturity, his body, his mental state," Corbin said Thursday morning. " I think he understands what hes getting ready to face. The experiences hes had the last couple of years is really starting to show."

With veterans like Al Jefferson, Paul Millsap, Randy Foye and Mo Williams no longer in the locker room, Hayward is apparently taking his role as a team leader to heart.

" Hes more open with his teammates," Corbin said. "Hes starting to talk to them more. Hes starting to lead them more with his voice. Hell raise his voice a little bit to let them know what hes thinking * what he sees on the court. And its always to help the team get better."

Hayward says hes worked on improving his speed and quickness. He weighed 220 pounds at the start of camp, although he expects to be down to 215 by the time the season begins.

"I wanted to make sure I came in faster than I was last year," Hayward said. " In basketball you want to be as fast as you can out there, so I tried to do that during the offseason."
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote