View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #3
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: What do you guys think about my fantasy team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
Just joined a league today and drafted my own players. This is my first time playing Fantasy Basketball, and it's a free league, so I don't have to worry about losing money if I'm in way over my head.

Here's my roster:
PG Derrick Rose
SG Kobe Bryant
G Kevin Martin
SF Josh Smith
PF Kenneth Faried
F Kevin Garnett
C Dwight Howard
C Marcin Gortat

--
Util : Chris Kaman
Util : Danny Granger
--

Bench Omer Asik
Bench Trevor Ariza
Bench Vince Carter

I picked a few guys who are waaaaaay past their primes (Vince Carter, Kevin Garnett) just because I feel they'll have big games from time to time when they really matter.
Kobe, DRose, & Granger are all guys I was hesitant about due to their injuries, but I feel Kobe will muster something worthwhile this season, and DRose & Granger are both young enough to bounce back strong from what they suffered.
I think KMart is a sleeper. He is in Minnesota now where he will likely be a starter and get a lot more shots since he doesn't have the likes of KD or Westbrook taking most of them.
As for the rest, I think they're self-explanatory, no? Kaman is a starter on a Lakers squad that doesn't have anyone else to really play his role, D12 is definitely going to have a better season than last year, Josh Smith has a fresh start with the Pistons on a young squad in Detroit, etc.

So what do you guys think?

I can see it's your first year playing fantasy so you'll have to learn the hard way like I did, but STAY AWAY from veterans and bench players. You'll be strong in rebounds and blocks but you only have 1 point guard so you'll be dead last in assists. How many teams in your league? If it's a 10 team league that's a pretty shitty draft, but the one good thing about fantasy basketball is that the free agent pickups can make a huge difference to your team.

http://espn.go.com/fantasy/basketbal...power-forwards

Here's a link to an article that outlines a good fantasy strategy. First thing I'd do is look to move guys like Kaman and Granger for point guards. Then I'd check who's in the free agent pool.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote