View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #4
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Better program? - Michigan or Michigan State

Judge for yourself.

MSU - 2 championships
U of M - 1 championship

MSU - 8 Final Fours
U of M - 7* (5) Final Fours

MSU - 17 Sweet 16s
U of M - 12 Sweet 16s

MSU - 3 Big Ten Tournament Championships
U of M - 1* (0) Big Ten Tournament Championships

MSU - 13 Big Ten Regular Season Championships
U of M - 13 Big Ten Regular Season Championships

MSU - 38 NBA players; most notably: Magic, Z-Bo, Steve Smith, Kevin Willis, Jason Richardson
U of M - 41 NBA players; most notably: Webber, Rice, Tomjanovich, Crawford, Rose

Notable MSU college players: Johnny Green, Magic Johnson, Scott Skiles, Shawn Respert, Mateen Cleaves
Notable U of M college players: Chris Webber, Bill Buntin, Rudy Tomjanovich, Glen Rice, Cazzie Russell

MSU has Magic, Cleaves, and Izzo.
U of M has the Fab 5, Russell, and Strack.

In terms of recent history (say, the last decade), I'm willing to bet MSU by a good deal. Not going to check.

In terms of recruiting, not sure either. Izzo seemed to be on a big roll lately, but his last class is weak and I know for a fact that he was aiming for a huge 2014 class (Jones, Alexander, etc) and it's not materializing at all. It's crazy how he could spend so much time on those prospects and he might not land a single one. Not sure what happened in 2013, there might be a good reason for that. The 2014 one I was talking to an assistant coach at an AAU tournament and that came up. Don't really come across Michigan recruiting other than Booker and McGary. Although I noticed someone on their staff has this uncanny ability to find a low ranked PG that dominates in college early in their career.

Not a fan of either program so I could be off on the players and recruiting. The other stuff I stole right off wikipedia.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote