View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 11:55 PM   #37
CavaliersFTW
5-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Are Dirk Nowitzki highlights 'impressive' to watch? How about Kevin Love?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudman13
Thanks for the info. I'm a youtube idiot, but I really should start saving some of the stuff I return to often. A lot of great 60s NBA games have disappeared, for example, and all of those half hour year-summary documentaries are priceless.

I found a 1960 Conley dunk on efootage...Conley must be the earliest NBA dunker to exist on film.
His dunk on Bob Pettit? That's a nice one, Conley I've learned was a great all around athlete, he was a pitcher in the MLB (won a championship in baseball with the Braves I believe too) and of course won at least one championship with the Celtics in the NBA though I'm not sure how many seasons the Celtics kept him because he was just a roleplayer in the NBA. He was also the state Champion high jumper when he was in high school. He's not the first NBA dunker on film though. I've never made an effort to go back as far as I can to find the oldest known NBA dunks on film but I'm sure there are at least a few dunks from the early 1950's on film because there are tons of NCAA dunks from the 50's. I just typically don't watch too much 1950's NBA footage.

Last edited by CavaliersFTW : 10-19-2013 at 11:57 PM.
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote