Thread: Hey, Thorpe
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #2
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Hey, Thorpe

I don't have a ton to add. I honestly don't play that much stuff each year. I pretty much know which AAA titles I want, and get them every year, so I'm looking at probably 3 - 6 games a year.

I tried Dead Space 3 this, and it was awfull. Like I didn't finish it awfull, which rarely happens.

I absolutely loved the Tomb Raider reboot, which has a lot of reskinned Uncharted elements to it, and did some fresh stuff. I honestly don't even remember if that was this year or last, but if you haven't played it, it's right up our alley.

Gun to my head, I'd call The Last of Us GOTY. I haven't finished GTAV yet. But that to me is a little damning in and of itself. I play, and don't have the burning urge to continue along the plot. The map is incredible, and it's got more of the patented humor than IV. I don't play multiplayer, so I don't know if that helps or hurts my judgement of the game. I can't be blown away by it, but I also can't be horribly dissapointed by the bugs.

The freshness and tightness of TLoU experience to me was amazing. I know it was short. I know it didn't have the multiplayer experience. I know it's not the achievement of the living breathing world that San Andreas is, which is just incredible.
But for the things I care most about in my gaming experience, a fresh experience and well thought out narrative. It was just too good to pass up on. They knew what they wanted to do, and did it to the tits.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote