View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #5
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Redskins now gonna be the Bravehearts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
More lame than using a racial slur as a team name?

Look I know almost 100% of the time in 2013 redskin fans dont mean redskin as a slur, but study a little of our history. American soldiers meant redskins as a slur for native americans. considering the historical context of the word and what white people did to native Americans (genocide is worse than slavery, which is already unimaginably evil), I dont even see how this is a debate.

Eg. "lets scalp some redskins"

The only reason this is a debate is native american populations have been depleted to the extent that they are too small a portion of the population to do anything.

Who gives a shit? I can't stand all the press this issue receives because it's a god damn sports franchise. There's nothing even racist about the name Washington has used but people like you just argue for the sake of it.

Just because they named their franchise the Redskins it doesn't correlate to the killing of native americans.. Only liberals like you will twist the name and give it a impractical meaning.

If anything just name the team "Skins" kinda like how the Tampa Bay Rays.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote