View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #41
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: GAME THREAD: Season Opener, Bulls vs. Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Because, that worked really well in 2000, and even better in 2010.

You want to see a winning team you recruit. You don't get a second star now unless you hit it big in the draft (which only OKC and SA have done really well the last couple decades) or you buddy it up. It's that simple.

The only real recruiter GM is Riley if you believe that they didn't decide to join up in 08. Every other buddied up team did it themselves. Melo+Amare. Harden+Dwight (although there was a lot of Morey basically advertising his soul for Dwight for 18 months) The Mavericks with Dirk and Kidd. The 08 C's. It's just how the NBA works now. Is it what he's supposed to directly do? No. He's paid to play and win games. But if he wants to win he has to do it. The next couple years feature so many talented guys that NOT doing it is as stupid as drafting three point guards in the first round.

Nobody but Kobe over the last 15 years has wanted to play in Chicago that was a star. The "shadow" still looms now. And it will until the Bulls win another ring.

I can't confirm or deny those accusations. The NBA presents these "facts" to make stories. I don't know if I believe all of them. The FACT is that Derrick is a basketball player that isn't very social and it isn't his JOB to recruit.

NOTHING says that if your star player doesn't recruit that we can't win games. THat's your opinion bro.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote