View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #19
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Default Re: The Knicks Official Regular Season Game Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
At the end of the day, I could nitpick about Chandler and Prigioni. Knickscity can complain about Melo's inefficient shooting. We can get on Gringos about Bargnani. Scooter can remind us that he warned us about Woodson. End of the day, in retrospect, it really comes down to one thing. If you want to blame one man for this you can't look at anyone other than Amare Stoudemire. I know he didn't ask to be oft injured, but let's face it. You can't have a max player who gives you NOTHING.

I was watching the game, analyzing it as I normally do. After a while, I had to sit back and just stop myself. We aren't going anywhere with this guy on the roster. Our biggest problem is, teams can focus on Melo and not have to pay. If he has an off game (which happens to every player) or the defense is really locked in, we have no secondary scorer. We have no "Robin". Every good team has at least that. With that HUGE chunk of salary gone and no draft picks, we basically have no way of obtaining such player. Our only hope is to pray Amare becomes the player we signed him to be and I think we can all agree that probably is never going to happen.

For the most part I agree with this sentiment.

They probably trying to convince Melo that once Stat is gone they will make moves but can he be patient?

When your JR Smith is your 2nd best player the team will always be hit or miss. I'm hoping Bargs will find his game to become the number 2. Seems challenging to build around an ISO small forward.
Rameek is online now   Reply With Quote