Old 11-05-2013, 09:32 AM   #33
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation
Default Re: Official 2013-14 Toronto Raptors Regular Season Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Pretty much.

Hurting the development of a potential all-star for a chance at a few more meaningless wins. It's so frustrating because you see the flashes of greatness with Valanciunas and then all of a sudden he's riding the bench.

Umm three games in just hold off a second there cowboys

Now if I were coach I would have Val in especially tonight - down the stretch; of course we always presume no fouls trouble good health etc. Big is more effective against Miami (x reference Indiana 7 game series). Further going small plays into the strength of the Miami line up core 3.

But this is still game 4.

You can make serious arguements that "situationally" playing small down the stretch makes sense against those opponents. Boston, Atlanta, and Bucks. Against those teams that is the best match up. I mean the arguement is not outright stupid.

This is not a "defense of the coaching staff" rebuttal... it is a reminder that we are three games in and Vals minutes at the end of the game are not a trend until you see him play games where it should make logical sense to have him in... Miami, Pacers (vs Hibbert), Wizards (Gorat) Pistons (Monroe Drummond) Knicks (Chandler)...
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote