Thread: Can you dunk??
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #67
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Can you dunk??

Quote:
Originally Posted by $LakerGold
I'm 6'0, & I have no vertical leap at all whatsoever. Kids were like touching the board & stuff, & I couldn't, til a couple of months later... & what's weird was, I played F/C in our league back home & SG/SF in JV/Varsity, & I out rebound the **** out of everyone... I guess my instincts/anticipation is good? And by that, it gives me the ability to anticipate where the ball is headed after a shot is missed & position myself correctly? Because seriously, out of 8 times, I jump higher than them & get the ball.... & this has been bugging me for YEARS. & yeah, let me post too ... haha you don't want none of that.

What are your thoughts on that ISH?

For me, I don't know the right word, but let's start with -- bizarre & weird. lol
For me that tells me you've got a good motor, instincts, and positioning. It gets said a lot, but jumping high does not necessarily make a good rebounder. It's but one piece of the puzzle. Rebounding is kind of like defense, in that a lot of folks don't always want to do what's required to be great at it.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote