View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 04:17 PM   #19
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Do you guys think Eric Gordon will still be a Star?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
The reason Martin is getting paid significantly less than Gordon though, is due largely in part to age. Martin is six years older then Gordon, and when he was Gordon's age he signed a 5 year 55 million dollar extension (not a far cry from the deal Gordon was given)

Gordon was given that max deal based largely on potential, potential he has yet to fulfill, but I wouldn't say he necessarily has to become Chris Paul in order to warrant the contract.

If he were to say average 70+ games a season over the next 3 seasons, while averaging 22-23 ppg, 4 apg, and 3 rpg on good efficiency while playing solid defense...I would say the contract ultimately ends up being a reasonable deal even considering the off-year last season.

Now, is all that likely? Many would say not. But I wouldn't say it's completely out of the realm of possibility.

Exactly...on potential. Potential he has yet to fulfill. Martin is a good example because to date...Gordon has been no better at any point in his career.

How is he going to put up those numbers while playing on this team also? I don't think there will be enough shots for him to get that...especially when Andersen comes back and with Davis improving constantly...I just doubt giving a lot of shots to a player that isn't that efficient is going to happen.

It was a terrible contract at the time...and looks even worse now given what a better situation the Pelicans would be in if Gordon simply wasn't on this team.

He is worth something around 5 to 7 million a year based on his play to date.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote